This blog is personal site of me, Jurian Sluiman and the contents expresses my personal opinion at the time of writing.
General Data Protection
This website does not use any cookies to track you, therefore no opt-in banner or modal appears to ask for your permission. I do use Plausible Analytics to track overall visitor trends, which I host myself. Plausible is GDPR compliant and no other (first or third party) tools are used for tracking, analytics or any other purpose which could possibly infringe the General Data Protection Regulation.
Via Plausible, the following visitor patterns are tracked:
- Page URL
- Referrer (medium, source and/or campaign)
- Country (via the GeoIP database from MaxMind)
- Device type (desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet)
- Browser vendor
- Operating system
The goal is to track trends and therefore, data is in aggregate only. Tracking is per device and not tracked across any other website I maintain. No cookies or other persistent identifiers are used. A hash based on a daily salt, and users’ ip address and user agent is used to identify a unique visitor. Plausible explains more about their software at their data policy.
Any content on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. This means any visitor is free to:
- Share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Remix, transform and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially
Under the following terms:
- Give the appropriate credit as attribution, provide a link to the license and indicate if changes were made
- When remixed, transformed or built upon the material you must distribute contributions under the same license
If anything on this website does link to or use any material which you own and/or represent and I mistakenly have used it, please let me know.